Good morning blogging world! My day’s already off to a great start, how ’bout you?
After waking up at 4:30, I hit the gym for some cardio and abs. I got into a nice groove on the treadmill and did 3.5 miles. I downloaded some new songs recently and I know that helped for sure! My running song of the day was You Don’t Know, by 50 Cent with Eminem. Pretty old song, but it got me moving!
After my run, I grabbed a medicine ball and did 3 rounds (15 reps) of the following:
- Suitcase crunches
- Legs-up crunches
- Kick downs
- Russian twists
- Full sit-ups
I finished up the workout with 10 minutes of stretching and I felt awesome afterwards!
At home I threw together a quick smoothie for breakfast. I didn’t have a plan except to throw some healthy crap in a blender and hope for the best. Luckily for me, it turned out great! I put in a frozen banana, a handful of blueberries, some almond butter, vanilla almond milk, and a handful of spinach. Looked gross, tasted awesome 🙂
Now on to some fun bloggy things! (Bloggy = real word as of today)
I’ve been nominated for a couple awards over the past week or two by some fellow bloggers and I’m really excited about it! Amy, over at The Little Honey Bee, nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Even though I’ve only been blogging for a little while, I’ve discovered so many awesome women out there with similar interests and it’s exciting to be recognized. I also got nominated for the Liebster award by both Holly, from Eat Great Be Great and Jen, from Chase the Red Grape.
Thanks, ladies- I love reading your blogs as well! Since both awards require answering some questions and nominating, I’ll answer the questions for the Sunshine award today!
So here’s how it works…
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award.
Here are my answers to Amy’s questions:
1) What is the one food you cannot live without?
Oh gosh, I know I should say something healthy here. Aside from pizza and red wine? I’ll probably say Greek yogurt, since it’s one food I eat pretty much every day. I love the different varieties and right now I’m enjoying the Dannon Greek Blends in toasted coconut vanilla.
2) If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would it be and why? (Money is no object)
Where wouldn’t I go?! I love traveling and have a million places I want to go. I think I’d go to Peru so I could visit Machu Picchu. Riley and I have it on our vacation bucket list and I think it would be an amazing experience.
3) What’s playing on your iPhone right now?
Right now my iPhone has Power, by Kanye West, on. Love working out to Kanye!
4) Why did you decide to write a blog?
I was inspired by a lot of other bloggers that I read on a regular basis. I love working out and eating healthy food, so I wanted a place where I could write about my daily activities and hopefully connect with readers and bloggers who had the same interests. So far I’ve really loved blogging and the outlet it gives me!
5) Who is your #1 fan and supporter?
People-wise, I’d probably say my mom and my husband, Riley. I’d also have to give a shout-out to my pets, however (I’m obsessed with them, if you haven’t figured it out). They are always thrilled to see me (and cling to me), and I love coming home to their sweet faces.
6) If you could be on any television show, which one would it be and why?
This is an easy one. Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. I’ve seen EVERY episode and I would play Olivia Benson. I’ve had a long-standing fantasy of being a detective and catching bad guys. It all started with my Nancy Drew obsession as a kid and never really stopped.
7) Name three things in your purse or gym bag
Three things that are always in my purse are my Bobble water bottle, a pair of flats for walking around campus at work, and snacks that mainly consist of nuts or fruit. Meh, my purse isn’t all that exciting.
8) Tell us something about you that you have yet to share on your blog.
I acted a lot when I was little and through college. I did commercials, public service announcements, and even a Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie called Miss Rose White. To my 6 year old self, this was a seriously cool experience (I played Kyra Sedgwick as a kid), and as a result I was able to buy my very own canopy bed, complete with ballerina sheets.
9) Island vacation (relaxing on the beach) or adventure vacation (signs and scenes) and why?
Island vacation, for sure. Riley and I got married on the beach in Mexico and every time I’m at the beach, I’m completely happy!
Photos by http://jhutchphotography.com/
10) What saying/phrase/idea do you aim to live your life by?
I don’t really have a quote, but I try to live by the philosophy that you ALWAYS have control over your attitude. You can’t choose when bad things happen, or when things don’t go as planned, but you can choose the way you react. If you have nothing else, you have the ability to choose your own attitude moving forward from any situation.
The philosophy really stems from freshman year of college, when I had to read Viktor Frankl’s Man’s Search For Meaning. If you’ve never read it, you should!
Well that’s it for the questions! I hope you learned a few fun things about me. On to my own nominations. I’m still pretty new to blogging, so I’m discovering new blogs to read every day, but here are a few I’m been reading lately:
- Charlotte @ Commitment to Fitness
- Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate
- Davida @ The Healthy Maven
- Caitlin @ Chasing Chels
- Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health
- Becky @ Olives N’ Wine
- Reba @ Not So Perfect Live
- Sarah @ Sweet Miles
- Jan @ Sprouts n Squats
- Christine @ Apple of My Eye
Questions for my nominees:
- What was the first blog you read on a regular basis?
- What’s your favorite indulgence?
- What’s one of your weirdest habits?
- What’s your favorite body part to work at the gym?
- If training and experience were not an issue, what profession would you have and why?
- What’s your favorite workout music to listen to?
- Do you watch sports? If so, what’s your favorite sport to watch?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What movie have you seen a million times, but never get sick of?
- What’s the coolest place you’ve ever traveled to?
That’s all for today! Thanks to the ladies who gave me the shout-outs and hope everyone has a great day!
Your turn to answer some of these questions!