Remember that time I gave you tips on how to not exhaust yourself and get sick when traveling? Well, I ignored all of those tips yesterday. As a result, I’m now sick, sore, and wiped out. Whoops!
Yesterday, I was up at 5:30 and went for 18 straight hours of driving, visiting schools, and working our receptions. I also sneaked in a long session at my hotel gym.
In between our lunch session and the evening reception, I headed down to our hotel gym and decided I had to work EVERYTHING. I think I was just so happy to not have my usual 45-minute time limit that I normally have so early in the morning. Because of this, I spent 1 1/2 hours doing all of this:
- Squats, lunges, more squats, walking lunges
- Every ab move I could think of
- Bicep curls, triceps dips, shoulder presses, chest presses
- Burpees, mountain climbers, planks
That’s just a sampling. I can’t move. I’m seriously thinking of buying a cheap bathing suit so I can use the hot tub at our next hotel.
Without seeming like a whiner, and because I’m an eternal optimist, I thought I’d also sneak in some of the things that are great about my trip so far!
1) The locations. So far, we’ve been to a gorgeous house in Fredericksburg for a reception.
2) I visited high schools in one of the most gorgeous areas of Virginia, Middleburg.
It’s basically horse and wine country in VA and it’s stunning. I got to watch the sun rise yesterday while I was driving up there and the views are to die for!
3) Today we’re heading up to Leesburg, VA to a gorgeous resort for our next lunch and evening receptions. We get to stay on property tonight too! So even though I feel crappy, at least I’ll feel crappy here:
My plan for today is to take it easy when I can, get lots of rest, and maybe book myself a spa treatment (but probably not, because I’m cheap).
My blog reader says I have a gazillion unread posts, so I’ll try to catch up with all of you this afternoon once we’re settled in and have a break.
Have a great day!
How do you usually tackle a cold? I usually do the stupid thing and ignore it as long as possible until I can barely function and my husband and co-workers intervene. I don’t recommend the Kelly method and I’m going to try and be more pro-active in getting rid of it this time around!
How’s your week going so far?