This weekend was so much fun! I’ve been a bit of a social recluse lately due to work, so it felt good to re-join the world and hang out with some friends. My weekend included sleeping in, awesome brunches at home, a Halloween party, great football food at a friend’s house and snuggling with my pets.
In the interest of time, I’ll try to keep my recap to a quick list of the highlights with some pictures.
1) Dinner out with Riley Friday night and finding everything we needed for last-minute Halloween costumes at Walmart.
2) Pancakes Saturday morning
3) Best Halloween party ever!
Every year, our friends Brendan and Tara put on an amazing Halloween party. They spend 3 whole days decorating the entire house AND the whole yard (it’s a big house and yard!) and have a ton of great food. Everyone dresses up and it’s not unusual for the party to last until morning. Luckily, we left around 12:30, but others stayed up until 6 AM!
Every year the party evolves and we find ourselves saying, “this is the best year ever!” The house seriously looked amazing. This year was an 80’s theme so everyone had some fun and crazy costumes on!
Not only did they go all out on decorations, they hired a bartender to take care of our drinks and they also hired a band! The band played 3 sets of mostly 80’s songs and they were really good. I think even they were impressed with how great the party was! Being more of a 90’s girl myself, I recognized about half the songs. Part of me really wished we could break out some Paula Abdul or some 90’s hip hop. Maybe next year 🙂
Riley’s costume introduced me to the fact that people actually wore athletic shorts over sweat pants in the 80s. Do any of you remember that? I sure don’t, but apparently it was a thing!
4) Sleeping in Sunday morning and having a yummy brunch at home. Riley made eggs, potatoes, bacon, and biscuits. After a late night, that food with a big cup of coffee hit the spot!
5) Snuggling with Coco in front of the fire.
I had great intentions of going for a run like I usually do on Sundays. My legs were still pretty sore from my workout on Saturday, however, so I decided to do the complete opposite of working out: watching Lifetime movies and eating chips. For 4 hours. I regret nothing.
6) Football food and watching the Redskins game with Riley. The boys decided to extend an invitation to their weekly football day, so I went over for a few hours to stuff my face some more and watch the Redskins lose (and they lost bad….).
Those are pretty much the highlights! I actually feel refreshed going into the work week after 2 days off and I’m ready to get some stuff done.
I’m off to work, but I’ll catch up with you all later. Hope you had a great weekend!
What was the best part of your weekend?
What was your favorite thing about the 80s?