Good moooooorning!! I’m in a fantastic mood this morning for 2 reasons:
1) I’m all better! Thank you Z-pack, soup made by Riley, multiple naps and oranges.
2) This is my last week of work before the holidays. I get 2 glorious weeks off for Christmas and I cannot wait!
Here are some of my weekend highlights, with some pictures:
1) Italian Wedding soup Friday night. My favorite kind of soup!
2) Shopping for Christmas presents on Saturday (and Sunday). The guest bedroom has officially been turned into “Christmas Central” since I’m just collecting all the toys and gifts in that room to wrap later. I can’t leave wrapped presents under the tree because….well, because of this:
She seems sweet and serene sitting on my lap like a sloth, but put some wrapping paper in front of her and she turns into a demon cat.
3) Riley cooking dinner Saturday night: a huge salad (spinach, tomatoes, avocado, green peppers, red onion, croutons, and feta cheese), steak and baked sweet potato fries. Perfect!
4) Lots of snuggles by the fire with Coco. Sorry for the blurry picture- Riley can’t take an iPhone picture to save his life.
5) Running the Christmastown Dash 8k Sunday morning!
I won the race!!! Just kidding, that’s silly. 874 other people did better than me, but I survived with only 2 coughing fits, which is all I could have hoped for after last week! Busch Gardens has a ton of hills and the ground was pretty slippery from the rain the day before. I could definitely feel that I was going slower than normal because of that and the bronchitis, so my final time ended up being 53:24. I would have liked to be under 10 minute miles, but oh well!
I’m off to the office for the day now. This week promises to be filled with lots of work and countless hours staring at my computer screen reading a million applications, essays, and recommendation letters, but I’m ready! The 5-days-till-vacation countdown starts now. 🙂
What was the highlight of your weekend?
Do you get a good holiday break from work?