Good morning! It’s another busy day in Kelly-land today. Last night I got home from work around 7:00, then Riley and I headed out for date night. We went to our favorite local restaurant for 1/2-price wine night and dinner. We split a red blend and I had a crab cake sandwich with fries for dinner. It was amazing, as usual! They make their fries from scratch and they’re some of the best fries I’ve ever had.
It was nice to unwind with a glass of wine and catch up with Riley after the crazy day I had yesterday. Not surprisingly, though, I didn’t last long after dinner and was in bed by 9:00.
This morning, I got up at 4:30 and hit the gym for some running and abs. I had total ADD on the treadmill today and did sprints, walking uphill, and everything in between for 25 minutes. I spent the rest of my workout doing some ab work with a medicine ball. Again, no real plan, I just did whatever moves I felt like doing.
For breakfast, I poured a bowl of TJ’s granola cereal and topped it with some banana slices and big dollop of peanut butter.
Today is our annual office Chili Cook-off, and I’m pumped! I actually started it 5 years ago and it’s become a yearly tradition. I’ll share more tomorrow once I know who wins. I gotta keep my recipe secret for now cause you never know who’s reading 😉
I’m off for now, but before I go I thought I’d share some of the recipes and workouts I’ve been loving on Pinterest lately!
Favorite Pinterest Finds
People get all inspired and crafty around the holidays and I love it. I usually just look at the pictures and go, “ooh that looks nice,” but with 2 weeks coming up I’m trying to find some projects to keep me busy. If you know me at all, you know it’s not good for me to have too much time on my hands. I get…..antsy. I’m sure Riley would have another word for it, but let’s just say I do much better when I have goals.
I’m making it my mission to do two things during my break: spend lots of time with friends and family, and tackle some Pinterest projects!
Here are some of the goodies I’ve found recently that I want to try (the pictures link to the pins if you want to check them out):
1) Panera Autumn Squash Soup recipe. I’m obsessed with that soup, so this recipe looks like a great re-creation of it.
2) These sweet potato latkes. Give me sweet potato EVERYTHING.
3) Davida’s lentil and sweet potato salad. I know, more sweet potatoes. I can’t help it, ok?
4) Ukrop’s Chocolate Chess Pie. I know this doesn’t seem like much if you didn’t grow up in Richmond, VA, but this means everything. This is the greatest chocolate pie you’ll ever eat in your life (no, I’m not just being dramatic). I’m not sure if this is the exact recipe or a close replica, but I’m trying it out for sure.
5) This workout. I love that it doesn’t require any equipment, so I could do it at home!
I’m excited to tackle some of these great Pinterest finds while I’m on break! Hopefully I can keep from driving my husband crazy 😉
What are you loving on Pinterest these days?
Do you always have a plan when you go to the gym or do you like to just wing it? I try to have a plan, but some days (like today), it’s a miracle I even show up!