Good morning, friends! I’m running late for work, so just wanted to pop in and share a quick salad idea with you. I’ll probably be leaving work early since snow is on the way. Some people get excited about snow. I do not. I’m very much hoping the weather people are wrong and that we’ll just get rain instead!
I slept in this morning after a much-needed long night of sleep. Yesterday I spent half the day signing this lovely little pile of letters.
It took me 4. and a half. hours.
I took a break halfway through signing to eat my lunch. I made a couple salads ahead of time so I’ll have some pre-made lunches ready to go and I’m so happy I did. They are delicious and super convenient!
If you’ve ever seen those mason jar salads on Pinterest (haven’t we all?), then you know where I got my inspiration from. I threw these together very quickly and this little Trader Joe’s gem helped me do it:
Best $2.99 you’ll ever spend! I throw this stuff into everything and it makes it easy to get veggies into a meal without having to chop them all first. Into my salad I put (in order from bottom to top):
- Salad dressing- I used a Greek feta dressing from Trader Joe’s. If you like to make your own there’s a great recipe here: Creamy feta vinaigrette. I’m lazy, though, so I bought mine.
- Chopped veggies. If you’re lazy you can use the pre-chopped ones like I did, or just chop your own.
- 1/2 portobello mushroom, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free feta cheese
- 1/4 cup whole-grain quinoa
- A couple handfuls of salad greens
And that’s it! I didn’t have time yesterday to cook up some chicken, but I would definitely add that or a hard-boiled egg to add some protein.
For breakfast today I’m scarfing down some Greek yogurt and a Kind peanut butter bar before heading to the office.
Hope you all have a great day!
What are your favorite salad toppings?
Do you pack lunch for work?