Good morning and happy Wednesday! I’m currently enjoying a snow day at home, so it looks like my philosophy of “deny deny deny” didn’t exactly work yesterday. It’s a freakin’ winter wonderland out there……<sigh>
I’ve never actually posted a whole day of food on the blog, so here goes! To combine my very first attempts at documenting every single morsel, I thought I’d combine my first What I Ate Wednesday post with a peek into a typical weekday. This is a recap of yesterday, complete with all my food!
- 4:30 AM: Wake up, curse the world. Employ multiple mind tricks to get myself out of bed
- 5:00 AM: Get to the gym. Complete 35 minutes of cardio, 10 minutes of ab work, and some stretching
- 6:00 AM: Head home to shower and get dressed
- 6:40 AM: Start breakfast prep, write/finish blog post. Breakfast is 2 eggs, spinach, feta cheese, Ezekiel toast and a glass of almond milk
- 7:15 AM: Meet my carpool buddy, Kim, to ride into work
- 7:50 AM: Arrive at work. My office is freezing, but our reception turned my space heater on for me. Yay! Start coffee pot
- 8:00 AM: Read some emails and blogs while enjoying cup #1 of coffee. Thank goodness for having a coffee pot in my office!
- 8:30 AM: Commence meetings, phone calls, application reading, etc.
- 9:30 AM: Coffee cup #2
- 10:30 AM: Snack time- Trader Joe’s hummus and pita chips
- 12:00 PM: Lunch, eaten at my desk while watching an episode Revenge on Netflix. Lunch is a Greek salad with chicken that I grabbed from the student union dining area
- 1:00 PM: Back to work. See 8:30 AM segment
- 3:45 PM: Write out to-do list for the next day, clean desk, organize next-day’s work
- 4:00 PM: Leave work early because snow is coming and stop at Trader Joe’s for supplies
- 5:30 PM: Pour wine and enjoy pre-dinner snack while cleaning and other house-y stuff
- 6:30 PM: Eat dinner- leftover salad from Sunday topped with some roasted sweet potato, extra portobello mushrooms, and feta cheese. Enjoyed with wine glass #2.
- 7:30 PM: Dessert!
- 9:30 PM: Head to bed to read until I fall asleep
*Not pictured: Glass of wine #3……and #4. What can I say, I knew I’d have today off! 😉 Also not pictured- the mini Twix bar I stole from a co-worker’s office.
And that’s a normal day in a nutshell! I have healthier days, less healthy days, but I usually end up somewhere in the middle. Now that I know I’ve got a day off, I plan on relaxing, doing some work from home, and letting Bella play in the snow.
Have a great day!
What’s the best thing you ate yesterday?