Good morning! Sorry I missed you guys yesterday. After skipping the gym and hitting snooze 4 times, I just gave up and drank some espresso instead. I can’t even contain myself today because it’s finally FRIDAY!! This will be me leaving work today:
My brain is too fried to write anything coherent so in the spirit of randomness, we’re going to kick off this day by talking about some random happenings in my life right now.
1) Today starts my first full weekend in over a month. 6 day work weeks have been killing me! My co-workers and I are almost giddy at the thought of having an actual Saturday morning. What will I even do with myself?
This weekend is going to crucial to my well-being. Due to my stressful schedule, my personal maintenance has….how shall I say it…..suffered a tad.
And guess what?
My office is covered with empty coffee creamer thingies, snack wrappers, and to-do lists. I’m getting a lot done, but I think I’m starting to scare people. I’m going to wash my hair today, I promise.
2) I’m finally taking a yoga class! After proclaiming to the world that I’d do yoga once a week, I immediately stopped doing yoga. Well, lucky for me my favorite studio is offering a free class tomorrow afternoon. I even got my co-worker/carpool buddy to go with me! That’s literally the only productive thing I plan to do tomorrow because I have big plans to catch up on my DRV’d shows.
3) I had a wonderful delivery last night. The Girl Scout girl showed up at my door with my cookies! Thin Mints and Tagalongs are my favorite, so now I have to think of a good hiding spot so I won’t eat one every time I walk through the kitchen. Self control does not exist during Girl Scout cookie season.
4) Scandal came back last night! 10:00 is past my bedtime, so I didn’t watch it, but I have the latest episode waiting on the DVR for me when I get home. I’ve gotten more people hooked on Scandal than any of my other shows. It’s an obsession and if you’re not watching it, you should be! An added bonus: Olivia Pope’s wine consumption makes mine look minor in comparison.
5) The new espresso machine has created a monster. Riley was drinking some at 6:00 last night when I got home from work. I’m actually thinking he drinks more of it than I do. I’m writing this as I drink a cappuccino, of course….
6) I had a great workout this morning! 30 minutes of cardio, followed by some ab work. I really enjoyed doing my 300 reps ab workout the other day, so I decided to do it again. Despite the stress at work, I’ve been much better about getting to the gym this week. It seriously does make a difference in my day!
7) I finally Skyped with my dad last night! He’s an engineer and he’s been working a job in Baton Rouge since the first of the year and I haven’t talked to him (except on email) since then. After figuring out how to turn on my notifications so I could actually see when he was calling me, we were able to talk for about 30 minutes. First time I’d ever used Skype and it was pretty awesome to be able to see him and talk to him! My mom is going down there in 2 weeks to visit him, so I can’t wait to hear all about it.
8) Tonight is pizza night! Chef Riley should hopefully be making a delicious creation this evening. I plan on getting straight into my yoga pants, pouring a glass of wine, and kicking back, because guess what? It’s the weekend!!
And just to make this day better, here’s a puppy from the internet:
Happy Friday, everyone!!
What are your plans for the weekend?
Favorite Girl Scout cookie?
Do you watch Scandal?! Don’t tell me what happened last night!