I just had the best two days off! I had just the right balance of being productive and being lazy and I’m starting the week well-rested and feeling good. The best part? Work is closed today because we’re about to get some snow and ice, so I get another day off. Here are some of the highlights from the past couple days:
1) Saturday was my productive day. My house is finally clean! I mean really clean. Like, got on my hands and knees and scrubbed the baseboards clean. It was a pain in the ass and I spent a good 4 hours cleaning on Saturday, but it was so worth it. Even if it’s not spring yet (and snowing today), I did my spring cleaning anyway.
2) Pizza night. I’ve told Chef Riley that he has to make delicious pizzas so you all can drool and he delivered another one- Spicy chicken pizza:
This one was a winner! He used spicy jalapeno chicken sausage from Trader Joe’s, sliced jalapeno, sliced onion, and mozzarella (both shredded and fresh) cheese. Nice and spicy and we both agreed that this one should make a repeat performance.
3) Yoga on Saturday. I took a great class on mindfulness through yoga. It was a free karma class and the instructor was great. I’d taken one of his classes before so I sort of knew what to expect. It was different from other hot yoga classes in that we paused a couple times so he could connect the yoga flows were were doing to how we can use yoga techniques (like focusing on our breath) to be more mindful in our lives. It was all very zen and exactly what I needed.
4) A Sunday that was both lazy and active. I walked the dog for 30 minutes, then did a quick 2.5 mile run later, so that was the active part. The rest of the day was spent enjoying the gorgeous 68 degree weather. Bella and I lounged outside….
Coco lounged in the sun…
I finished my book, read three magazine, and watched the Oscars. I also did a little shopping at the outlets. It’s hard to resist when they’re right across the street! I got some great finds at the Banana Republic outlet that I can’t wait to wear.
5) I did a tiny bit of work in the kitchen. I made some no-bake chocolate PB energy balls that are pretty darn delicious.
I see energy balls/bites like this all over the place and it wasn’t until I made some of my own that I realized they’re really just cookies disguised as health food. Not that I mind! I love a good excuse to eat cookie dough and call it health food. I’ll post the recipe later this week and by then I have a feeling they’ll all be gone.
And that’s my weekend in a nutshell! Riley working on the weekends has been an adjustment, but it does give me a chance to get a lot done around the house. I also get to hog the remote, which is a bonus. Today’s plan is to crawl back into bed for a while, make some soup and watch the snow fall. Have a great day!
How was your weekend?
Are you getting snow where you live? Are you as sick of snow as I am??