Hey everyone, and happy Friday! It’s been a busy week at work due to Spring Break, and we’ve had a couple thousand visitors to campus so far. My cheeks are sore from smiling nonstop and I’m really sick of saying, “Welcome, thanks for being here, glad you could make it!” on repeat.
In other news, I got recognized yesterday for my 5 years of service at work. It’s hard to believe I started out just 5 1/2 years ago, but it was really cool to see people get recognized who’d been here for much longer! Plus, they served wine. I’m always happy for an excuse to drink wine at 3:00 in the afternoon!
Once I got home, I was treated to something that’s been missing for a couple weeks: Homemade pizza by Chef Riley! Not having our typical weekends together, things had been quiet on the pizza front. I’m happy to report that last night’s pizza was another hit. He used spicy Italian chicken sausage, jalapenos, onions, and 2 different cheeses.
I was definitely a happy girl last night!
This morning, I hit up the gym nice and early to get the weekend started on a good note. I had some great music come on Pandora (I listened to the rap strength training station) and I got into a great groove. I started out with a 25 minute HIIT run with plenty of sprints at the end, then grabbed a 25 lb. kettlebell to work my legs. I did 3 quick rounds of the following:
- 20 one-handed kettlebell swings (switch halfway through)
- Sumo squats
- Donkey kicks
- Curtsy lunges
I powered through the exercises pretty quickly so I know I’ll be feeling it tomorrow! With Mexico being just 2 weeks away I’m trying to tone up as much as I can. I also have big plans to lather on the self-tanner so my muscles stand out more.
Breakfast today was a quick and random smoothie: vanilla protein powder, banana cream Greek yogurt, Nutzo butter, and coconut milk. Doesn’t sound that great, but it was actually really tasty!
With the weekend on the horizon, I’m excited to think about plans. So far, I’ve got a couple things on tap:
- Happy hour after work today with my co-worker and carpool buddy
- Farmer’s market in Colonial Williamsburg
- Taking Bella to walk in CW and checking out the Spring lambs. If you want some cuteness overload to start your day, head over here to check out the Williamsburg lambs leaping around and generally being adorable. I’ve watched it 10 times and it never gets old!
- Easter with my mom. We are both by ourselves for the holiday since Riley has to work and my dad’s out of town. Not sure what we’ll be doing yet, but I’m sure it’ll involve some ham or deviled eggs
And that’s about it! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and I’ll catch up with you later!
What are your plans for the weekend?