Saturday morning, we’re leaving for Mexico! I can’t wait to be on the same beach where we got married 3 years ago. I’m also so psyched to just relax with Riley and party it up on the beach!
I’ve got a lot to do before Saturday, so this will likely be my last post until I get back and I plan on completely unplugging while I’m away. Will you all miss me??? You better say yes. Moving on….oh and here’s a picture of the beach where we’re staying.
I’m one of those annoying people who can’t shut up about an upcoming vacation. I can’t help myself because I just get too excited! The response I get from most everyone when I mention our trip is, “I hate you.” Well that’s not very nice. Now before you judge you should know something…
Vacationing is hard. Really hard.
Riley and I have nearly perfected the art over the years, but there are a few problems that always occur. So read on, and let the sympathy flow.
First-World Vacation Problems…the Kelly and Riley edition
1) We have to order two drinks at a time (each) because we never know when our beach waiter will return.
2) I don’t know where I’d rather start my day- at the beach or at the pool. The beach will be quieter, but if I wait too long to get chairs at the pool I won’t find good ones!
3) Frizzy hair. Ugh, the WORST.
No amount of frizz cream can fix what happens when it’s 87 degrees, humid, and windy.
4) How will I justify all those margaritas? Wait, how many have I had? It’s already 1 PM, so probably at least 4. How many calories do we think sunbathing burns?
5) Getting out of the water: what I think I look like vs. what I actually look like.
6) Putting on sunscreen at the beach: If I use the spray stuff the wind will probably blow half of it away. But if I use the lotion stuff it’ll rub the sand into my skin, which is mildly uncomfortable.
7) We have to get up at 4AM to catch our flights. That’s 30 WHOLE MINUTES earlier than I normally get up!
8) Having to compromise with Riley-
Riley’s perfect beach day:
My perfect beach day:
9) Running out of books to read. I thought 7 would be enough.
Well, I guess I’ll just read the airplane safety instructions all the way home…
10) Coming home. Last time we went to Playa Del Carmen, I cried the day we had to leave, so we’ll see how it goes this time around.
Well, reality will have to come eventually, I know….until then I’ll be sunning myself on the beach, drinking too much tequila, sleeping in, partying with Riley every night, and being incredibly thankful that for one whole week the worst problems I’ll have are the ones you see above.
Adios, amigos, I’ll catch you later!