Hey, friends! Today promises to be another gorgeous day. I started out my morning with a nice workout consisting of cardio on the adaptive motion trainer, some ab work, and stretching.
Breakfast today is a Greek yogurt bowl topped with nuts and dried fruit, chia seeds, and a drizzle of honey.
I’ve been in the best mood lately. I think it has to do with the fact that May is one of my absolute favorite months! While I love the fall with it’s cooler temps, football season, and holidays, I really think that spring is my favorite season. Something about the promise of longer days, warm weather, and vacation just makes everything better.
With that in mind, I thought I’d share my favorite parts about this glorious month.
1) The sun is up early! This is a big one for me because I’m such a morning person. I love going to the gym and seeing the sun when I get out. All the birds are chirping and waking up and it’s such a great way to start the day.
2) The days are getting longer. This is awesome because I like to enjoy some daylight after the work day is over. In the winter, it’s always dark by the time I make it home from work, which makes me feel like I need to immediately go to bed. Having a few hours to enjoy the back deck is my absolute favorite.
3) The gardens! I shared my garden updates yesterday, but the whole town is in bloom it seems. Colonial Williamsburg has a bunch of public gardens that are so much fun to walk around. All the deadness of winter depresses the hell out of me, so it makes me happy to see everything come back to life.
4) Time off! This one is a big one. From September-May 1st I feel like my life belongs to work. I love my job, but by the end of the work cycle I’m totally drained. May marks the beginning of vacation season. I have so much vacation time to use I’m making it my goal this year to not work more than 4 days each week. We’ll see how it goes!
5) Warmer weather. I swear I will never move north of Virginia. Ever. I am not cut out for cold and this past winter definitely confirmed that. I love being able to take walks around campus to break up my work day and not have to wear a jacket. This time of year I’m a big fan of scheduling “walking meetings,” which is just an excuse to take a 10 minute walk and talk about work things at the same time.
In the spirit of not working full work weeks, I’m taking tomorrow off to spend the day with Riley. We’re going to see Neighbors, which I’ve heard it hilarious. Anyone seen it? Anyway, I’d better run, so I’ll catch up with you later!
What’s your favorite month and why?